Working from the DDA Los Angeles office we are seeking a Director for the film and corporate publicity department to enhance the efforts of our teams in both Los Angeles and London.
This position requires a strong leader and self starter, who has the ability to lead film campaigns from the ground up, and provide overall organisational and material development including coordinating press junkets, press tours, status reports, timelines and execute and manage budgets. In addition, the candidate must be able to lead clients and projects in terms of day-to-date activities, and develop and execute strategy in maintaining year-round retainer corporate clients.
This individual must be able to manage and lead teams of 2-4 staff across all the LA office’s domestic film projects and corporate clients. The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable liaising with clients, talent and talent reps, producers/filmmakers and media. This person will also be required to provide press releases, media materials, presentations, budgets and other documents as required.
The candidate must have:
- 7+ years of entertainment experience in PR – specifically in film and in the corporate arena.
- Experience leading and handling a film at film festivals such as Sundance, Berlin, Cannes and Toronto
- A valid passport, being open to travel abroad
- Solid entertainment and business contacts with LA based media.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Success in multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, proactive and personable demeanor
- Confidence in day-to-day dealings with clients (executives, producers, filmmakers, etc.)
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative and follows-through
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills (including grammar)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work well with others, delegate and oversee work as required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
NOTE: Please do not apply unless you have experience in Film/TV PR, and solid media contacts in Los Angeles.
Director, Los Angeles
The DDA UK Publicity team is currently looking for interns to spend up to four weeks in the department starting as soon as possible. The DDA UK Publicity team works alongside renowned distributors to promote titles through exciting theatrical and home entertainment campaigns. Within that, the team covers film premieres, press junkets, press conferences, screenings and a range of film/television based activity targeting UK based print, online and broadcast press.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
UK Publicity Intern, UK
PR Intern, UK
The DDA Personal Representation team is currently looking for interns to spend up to four weeks in the department starting as soon as possible. The DDA Personal Representation team devises and executes global publicity campaigns for renowned actors across Film, TV and Theatre. It is an exciting and busy time for the team, so they are looking for someone who is pro-active, with great attention to detail and a real interest in the entertainment industry.
Digital & Social Intern, UK
The DDA Digital & Social Media team is currently looking for an intern to spend up to one month in the department starting as soon as possible. The Digital & Social Media team works with various renowned clients within the Film and TV industry, developing strategy and digital marketing campaigns for new title releases and providing ongoing support to daily marketing initiatives. It is a very exciting time in Digital & Social, so we are looking for someone who is switched on and up to date with tech news and latest marketing campaigns within the entertainment space.
To apply, please send an email telling us why you would be a good fit to the team with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship, Los Angeles
DDA’s Los Angeles office is looking for part-time interns to start ASAP. Internship program runs for a period of 3-4 months.
To apply email email@example.com with your CV and an explanation of why you think you would be a good fit with DDA.